PRESIDENTS DAY TRASH & RECYCLING REMINDER:
Because Monday, February 20, is a City Holiday (Presidents Day), all Curbside Trash & Recycling Collections will take place one day later than usual during the week of February 20 (Monday’s collections will take place on Tuesday; Tuesday’s collections will take place on Wednesday, etc.).
TRASH DEPOT WILL BE OPEN DURING POLAR BEAR WEEKEND:
The Trash & Recycling Depot (located next to the Sea Isle Bridge on JFK Blvd.) will be OPEN for drop-offs each day during Polar Bear Weekend (Friday to Monday, February 17 to 20) from 7:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. each day.
SEA ISLE BOULEVARD PROJECT UPDATE:
During the September 13 City Council Meeting, County Engineer Dale Foster gave Council and the public an update regarding the Sea Isle Boulevard Improvement Project. CLICK HERE to view the Power Point Presentation that was shown during that update.
Click the "City Projects" link above to read more about the Sea Isle Boulevard elevation project and all other Project Updates.
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
Tuesday, February 28, at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers, located on the third floor of City Hall, 233 JFK Boulevard.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for our February 16, 2017 E-Newsletter
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
During the January 24 City Council meeting, Councilman Divney (the Planning Board’s liaison) presented Council with a list of recommended items from the Master Plan Re-Examination that the Planning Board feels should be addressed now – rather than waiting for the adoption of the Master Plan after the Housing Element portion is completed. Of the 45 recommendations in the current draft of the Master Plan Re-Examination, several items fell into this category, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
City Council members were in agreement to move forward with these recommendations, and they plan to form a committee in order to prioritize the aforementioned items and ensure any action needed will occur.
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the latest draft of the Master Plan Re-Exam Report (November 2016).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.
Using the Stevens Institute Tide Prediction tool and your property’s elevation certificate, you will be able to determine the approximate tide levels at your property throughout the year. In the event of storms, this will be a very useful tool during your storm preparations.
FOR REAL TIME TIDE HEIGHT DATA FOR SEA ISLE CITY AREA CLICK THE LINK BELOW:
FOR FEMA / NFIP FLOOD INFORMATION (FLOOD SMART) CLICK THE LINK BELOW: