SEA ISLE BOULEVARD PROJECT UPDATE:
Work has resumed on the Sea Isle Boulevard project, after being on hold over the summer due to environmental restrictions. By the end of November traffic will be switched over to the north (elevated) side of the causeway; and work will begin on placement of fill on the south side. Traffic will remain on the north side of the causeway until completion of the roadwork. The current schedule is to complete the roadwork for the new causeway prior to the 2019 summer season.
Motorists are advised to be aware of the revised traffic patterns in the construction zone and the reduced speed limit.
Click the "City Projects" link above to read more about the Sea Isle Boulevard elevation project and all other Project Updates.
CITY COUNCIL'S NEXT MEETING:
The next regular City Council meeting will take place on Tuesday, November 28, at 10:00 a.m. in Council Chambers.
To receive Sea Isle City's E-Newsletters, E-Alerts and Reverse 9-1-1 Calls, click the "Register for City News" link above.
CLICK HERE for Sea Isle City's November 9, 2017 E-Newsletter
Master Plan Re-Examination Update:
During the January 24 City Council meeting, Councilman Divney (the Planning Board’s liaison) presented Council with a list of recommended items from the Master Plan Re-Examination that the Planning Board feels should be addressed now – rather than waiting for the adoption of the Master Plan after the Housing Element portion is completed. Of the 45 recommendations in the current draft of the Master Plan Re-Examination, several items fell into this category, including…
• Evaluate satellite parking lots
• Increase requirements for residential and mixed-use parking
Parks, Recreation & Open Space:
• Recommend a professional facility study be performed on the former Public School Building (this should have a high funding priority)
• Demolish the Old Fire House on West Jersey Avenue and use that space to augment recreation or parking
• Perform a study to determine the feasibility and funding for a kayak and paddleboard launch and storage area at Dealy Field – and also adding a boardwalk along the bay for educational nature trails
Storm Water Management:
• Prepare a comprehensive Flood Control Plan in partnership with the County to address flooding issues
• Work with Federal, State and County government to address bay flooding solutions
• Formalize a designated person, who will work directly with the business community and Chamber of Commerce to achieve common goals
City Council members were in agreement to move forward with these recommendations, and they plan to form a committee in order to prioritize the aforementioned items and ensure any action needed will occur.
Master Plan Re-Examination Draft:
CLICK HERE to view the latest draft of the Master Plan Re-Exam Report (November 2016).
Master Plan Re-Examination Survey:
In 2015, Sea Isle City created a survey as part of the Master Plan Re-Examinatino Process. The results from that survey are available in a 21-page document. The Master Plan Re-Examination is still underway, and the results from the survey are a useful tool for that process.
CLICK HERE to view the survey results.